Austin Health Department Covid Requirements for the ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot
Covid Restrictions Mandated by Austin Public Health
Austin Public Health currently requires that events like the ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot, which are held on city property, establish policies to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Part of their requirements states that all participants must provide proof of a negative COVID test or vaccination, and follow masking guidelines in high traffic areas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR THE IN-PERSON TROT:
Virtual registrants are not subject to the below requirements.
- All participants, ages 12 years or older, must show proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of race day OR proof of vaccination at packet pick up in order to receive a packet. The packet includes the race bib, which is required for entry on race day.
- If you are unable to or choose not to participate due to these requirements, no refunds will be given, but you may still pick up the swag item associated with your registration, and you may ask to be transferred to the virtual event if you desire.
- Participants under the age of 12 are NOT required to show negative test results or proof of vaccination, but the parent or guardian will be asked a few standard COVID symptoms and tracing questions.
- One family member or friend may pick up packets for other participants so long as they have all of the necessary test results or vaccinations records for each participant.
- Negative tests and their results must be dated 11/22/21 or later. Results from PCR tests or home test kits are both acceptable.
- Vaccinated individuals must be at least 14 days from their second Pfizer or Moderna shot, or from their single J&J shot. The final vaccination shot must be dated on or before 11/11 (14 days prior to Thanksgiving).
- Test results and proof of vaccination can be provided as a hard copy, or as an image on your phone.
- The pre-event staging area, located on the S. 1st Street Bridge, will have controlled access. Only registered participants with their BIB, SCREENING WRISTBAND, and a MASK will be permitted to enter. Masking is required in this staging area.
- Separate staging areas for each distance (5-mile vs 1-mile) will allow for some distancing to take place. Please follow signs/directions at the control points for each distance.
- Spectators may still attend the event and hang out anywhere at the Long Center except for the starting chute. This includes the terrace, lawn, and Riverside finish line to cheer on their family and friends. Spectators must adhere to social distancing recommendations and masks where required.
WHAT TO BRING TO PACKET PICKUP:
Negative COVID test results OR proof of vaccination for each member of your party that you are picking up packets. Printouts are preferred when picking up for multiple people.
- Proof of vaccination? You may begin to pick up your packet on Saturday, November 20.
- Negative COVID test results? You may begin to pick up your packet on Monday, November 22 within the 72-hr window before the event.
ON RACE DAY:
- Wear your race bib and screening wristband – they are required for entry into the starting chute! If you need to pick up your bib on race day, you will need to ensure that you also receive a COVID-19 prescreened wristband.
- Bring a mask to wear in the designated mask zones — on the Long Center Terrace, and while staging/starting area for the run/walk. Masks will be available in case you forget.
- Have back-up proof of your vaccination or negative test in case you forgot your wristband or bib, or if either is damaged.
- See this map for the “mask zone” areas here.