Turkey Trot Art Contest
ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot Art Contest
Official Contest Rules
The following describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot art design contest (“Contest”). The purpose of this contest is to create logo art for next year’s 2022 ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot event to be used on all merchandise and marketing including shirts, printed materials, website and advertising. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency in the website or advertising associated with the Contest or other Contest materials, these Official Rules prevail.
The ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot is a five mile run, one mile walk and Kids K held on Thanksgiving Day. All proceeds from the event benefit Caritas of Austin. To date, over $4.4M has been raised for Caritas from the event. The 2022 ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot marks the 32nd anniversary with over 22,000 people expected to attend.
About ThunderCloud Subs
Since 1975, ThunderCloud Subs has been Austin’s original neighborhood sub shop with a rich tradition of serving fresh, fast and healthy food in a comfortable atmosphere. ThunderCloud has 30 stores in Central Texas. www.thundercloud.com
About Caritas of Austin: Caritas provides a service continuum for those experiencing poverty that begins with a safety net and links them to resources to achieve self-sufficiency. This year, Caritas will serve over 20,000 adults and children as Travis County’s largest source of non-governmental assistance for low-income families. www.caritasofaustin.org
“Entry” means digital line art in a JPG, PDF, AI, SVG or EPS format created by the Entrant for this contest or hand drawn art mailed to ThunderCloud Subs Inc, 1102 W. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78703, Attn: Art Contest, postmarked by the deadline date above.
“Entrant” means individual that created the art.
“A year’s worth of subs” means 365 free sub gift certificates.
- The Contest is open to individuals of any age and companies
- Employees of ThunderCloud Subs, affiliates associated with the Contest, the contest judges and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old to enter the Contest or have a parent’s/legal guardian’s permission to enter the Contest and have a parent/legal guardian execute the contracts if they become a finalist or winner.
How to Enter
- Submit entries here as a JPG, PDF, AI, SVG or EPS, or mailed to ThunderCloud Subs, 1102 W. 6th Street, Austin, TX 78703, Attn: Art Contest.
- Art must be original and created by the Entrant.
- Any original illustrations submitted by mail will not be returned to Entrant.
- Entrants will be required to register and provide personal information (name, email address, phone number, address) with their Entry. Personal information will not be sold to third parties
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so may be rejected and are not eligible to receive any prize.
- Entries may be submitted between Nov. 17 and Jan. 9 at midnight
- There is no fee to enter the Contest, and no purchase necessary.
- Void where restricted or otherwise prohibited by law. The Contest is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located in the United States.
The objective of the Contest is to create original art to use for the 2022 ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot to benefit Caritas of Austin.
All artwork must include the ThunderCloud Subs logo and the Caritas of Austin logo. It is not necessary that these logos be computer generated.
All work must be original to the Entrant and submitted as a JPG, PDF, AI, SVG or EPS format, or original illustration. Art can be line art or illustration, but not to include photos.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winner will be announced at www.thundercloud.com during the last quarter of 2022. This date is subject to change.
Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- 365 free subs of your choice gift certificate
- Up to 10 certificates can be redeemed at one time
- Announcement of the artist by name will be made at www.thundercloud.com and various public social media platforms.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received by the Jan. 9, 2022 deadline. Entries are judged on creativity, usability, originality, and appropriateness.
- As a condition of entry and before being awarded any prize, prize winner has assigned all ownership and intellectual property (including without limitation copyright) rights in and to the art, to The ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot.
- The winner must be willing to submit original files so that the art can be adjusted to keep in compliance with ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot brand standards.
- Where legally permitted, all winners, as a condition to being awarded any prize, will grant permission for ThunderCloud Subs to make public and otherwise use Winners’ name, likeness, voice and city and state of residence for publicity purposes.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on copyrighted material.
- All submitted work becomes the property of the ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and ThunderCloud Subs in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and ThunderCloud Subs relating to the Contest.