Seven fun facts you probably didn’t know about ThunderCloud
1. Our store at Burnet and Houston is the smallest ThunderCloud Subs, at only 900 square feet.
2. ThunderCloud will sell about 3.3 million sub sandwiches this year. That’s a lot of subs!
3. Our co-founders John Meddaugh and Andy Cotton made up the name ThunderCloud because they thought it sounded cool.
4. Many ThunderCloud stores feature art by our employees. Examples include the “Where the Wild Things Are” mural at our Burnet and Anderson store, the colorful graffiti mural at our New Braunfels location, and the metallic rainbow fish art at ThunderCloud on South Congress.
5. We have hosted voter registration volunteers to sign up potential voters at our Travis County shops every October for more than 20 years.
6. Olympian Michael Phelps visited and had lunch at the original ThunderCloud Subs store on Lavaca!
7. In 1979, we opened our first office and our third store on Guadalupe, which quickly became the busiest store.